We strive for excellence and we believe in a culture of teaching and learning.
- We expect that learners take pride in their work and always complete homework assignments to the best of their ability.
- Learners must adhere to the time limits set for homework assignments.
- We expect learners to make use of extra resources (internet or library) when completing assignments.
- We also expect learners to complete their work on their own and ask assistance from their parents or teachers if they need it.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EDUCATORS:
- Educators must deliver the curriculum according to the CAPS curriculum documents.
- Work assignments must be done in class.
- If necessary and to enhance learning homework assignments can to be given to learners.
- Educators need to check that all homework is done and assess the homework given.
- This is a learning opportunity where learners can assess if they understand the work.
- Reward those learners who always do their homework on time.
- Inform the parents if a learner do not complete homework or does not hand in assignments.
- Reprimand and punish learners appropriately if the learner does not complete homework given to them.
- Educators must be consistent in applying the policies of the school.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LEARNERS:
- To complete homework assignments to the best of his/her ability.
- Take pride in his/her work.
- Complete homework assignments on time.
- Ask the educator is he/she does not understand the work.
- Draw up a study work schedule to ensure that he/she will have enough time to complete homework assignments for the day.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENTS:
- To show interest their children’s work.
- Make sure that their children have enough time to complete homework assignments.
- Make sure that their children complete all their homework assignments.
- Check their children’s note books on a regular basis.
- Assist and support their children where it is needed.
- Praise their children for work well done.
- Encourage their children to strive for excellence and to better.